Drumsticks cut and slit in half – 2 cups
Drumstick leaves – 1 cup
Sambar onions – 6-7
Garlic cloves – 5-6
Tomato – 1-2
Whole Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Take drumstick in a sauce pan, cover with water.
- Cook till drumstick is done.
- Cool it down, strain it.
- Remove the flesh from the drumsticks.
- Reserve the stock and flesh.
- In a separate cooker, add all the remaining ingredients with little water and boil for 2 whistles.
- Once cool, blend along with the reserved flesh into a smooth puree.
- Simmer again, adjust seasonings and add coriander leaves as garnish.