1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 tbsp each basil and parsley
2 cups water
½ tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa yields 3 cups cooked quinoa.
- First, rinse the quinoa well under running water to remove any bitterness and dirt.
- Place the quinoa with the water and salt in a pot and cook uncovered for 15 min in medium to low heat, until tender.
- Remove from heat, and cover for 5 min so it can cook further in its own steam.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Toss in the herbs and lemon juice and serve hot.
- Tip : you can cook the quinoa in vegetable stock for added flavour.