1 cup brown rice washed and soaked in water for 10 min
1 cup kala chana washed and soaked in water overnight or 6
1 onion sliced
1 tomato sliced
2 green chili slit
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp fennel powder
. cup peanut curd
2 cups water (use leftover water of cooked chana too)
Mint leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the kala chana with 2 cups of water and salt and set aside.
- In a pan, dry roast the whole spices.
- Add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the sliced onion till they turn brown and then add the tomatoes.
- Next add the green chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 min.
- Add the peanut curd into the pan and mix well.
- Add all the powders and saute for few min.
- Add the boiled kala chana and season with salt and mix well.
- Now add the soaked brown rice and 2 cups water including the water from the boiled kala chana.
- Close it with a lid and let it simmer for about 20 min.
- Once the pulao is cooked, mix in the kala chana, garnish with mint leaves and serve.